23 February 2015

Tiny Blooms - # 9 - Pink Primula


Pink Primula



This series of blog posts - called 'Tiny Blooms - are about small arrangements. Small - might be the size of the container or it could be the size of the flowers or the amount of stems in each container. It will also be that the arrangement is minimal both in presentation and that it's quick and easy to do. Apart from that there are no other strict rules - I'm allowing myself a lot of creative freedom!


Pink Primula


I love making these tiny flower arrangements - because they are so much fun to do. I always keep an eye out for what's growing in the garden and what's available at the garden centre or what I can find at the farmers' market. 

I'm always looking for my next 'Tiny Blooms' flowers.

As the Primula is the 'Houseplant of the Month' now in February - I thought I would try using it as a cut flower.

You can find more information about the houseplants here.

I had a question last week asking me if Primula and Primrose were the same flower and the answer to that is yes it is. Primula is the Latin or botanical name and the common name is Primrose. There are many different primroses - both the wild ones found in nature and there are also many cultivated ones sold in nurseries and garden centres.


Pink Primula


I simply cut about 20 little stems from the plants I had. Try to cut as low down as possible to get long stems.

Start off by placing the shorter stems around the edge of the container - letting them rest on the edge and put the longer ones in the middle - you then end up with a nice dome shaped little arrangement. 

As a vase I used a vintage cream ware container - it has a nice and neutral colour - so perfect for giving all the attention to the little flowers.

A welcome splash of colour on this dark and rainy day in February! 


Pink Primula


Have a Lovely Floral Day!

I'll see you later in the week with another 
'FLOWERS by ingrid and titti'

~ xoxo ~

Ingrid 



[Styling and Photography © Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer.]

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful arrangement for these delicate little flowers, Ingrid!

Connie said...

It is always a joy to visit your blog and see your lovely arrangements.
Connie :)

Jarka Panci said...

Ingrid, I love flowers and I love your work with flowers.
I wish you godd new week.
Jarka

Anonymous said...

Oh, what did you this lovely!
The colour of the flower is beautiful!
It makes me always happy to visit your blog!

Love, Gerry

Madelief said...

Lovely Ingrid!

Have a happy new week!

madelief x

Pondside said...

So pretty!
I have a basket of primula on the front porch and they are so cheery-looking. I like the idea of a primula as a cut flower - like a tiny bouquet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...