16 January 2015

A Bunch for the Weekend - # 35 - Pink Tulips


Pink Tulips


This week on 'A Bunch for the Weekend' - I'm featuring two different pink tulips.

I'll be featuring mostly tulips for the rest of January - the florists, flower stalls, farmers' markets and supermarkets have an over-abundance of tulips in every shape, size and colour. 

How can a tulip-loving girl resist that?

This month the tulip is also celebrated in both Sweden and Holland with 'Tulpanens Dag' in Sweden yesterday and 'National Tulip Day' in Holland tomorrow.


Pink Tulips

You'll need:

- 15 stems of light pink tulips
- 15 stems of dark pink tulips
- a medium size vase or container that picks up the colour of the tulips - here I'm using a bright pink watering can.


For conditioning the flowers - you'll also need:

- florists snippers or scissors
- a florist bucket

As always - you need to condition the flowers - remove all the lower leaves that would end up below the waterline in the vase. Cut the stems at an angle - to increase water absorption. Put in a clean container with fresh water and leave in a cool place over night or at least a few hours before making the final arrangement. 
You might have to re-cut the stems while making the final arrangement to suit the size of the vase.

Pink Tulips

I wanted a really rich and generous arrangement so I'm using altogether 30 stems of tulips - 15 of each colour. When I conditioned the tulips I left as many leaves on as possible - just to add some greenery as I was not using any other foliage. I needed to shorten the stems before putting them in the watering can - just so that they were the right height and so that it was all in proportion. 

Pink Tulips

The arrangement sits on a pink and white handwoven Swedish rag-rug surrounded by a pair of florist's scissors, a little pink vase, a pink and white fabric, some natural twine and three wooden plant labels.

I very much enjoyed making this arrangement - and it really made me long for spring! 

What about you? Do you also long for spring and some brighter colours?

Pink Tulips


Have a Happy Floral Friday and a Great Weekend!

~ xoxo ~

Ingrid

[Styling and Photography © Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer]

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful arrangement, I just love tulips. They are to me at least, happy flowers. I love pink the mix of these two pink shades the arrangement looks very pretty. Thank you for the tip of conditioning the flowers before final arrangement, it's a nice tip. Have a great weekend!

Things and Thoughts said...

So wonderful those pink tulips Ingrid! And you know so well how arrange them!
Happy weekend!
Olympia

Magicwoman said...

What a wonderful bunch of Tulips, with my Favorit colours.

Nice Greetings to you

Andrea

Janneke said...

Beautiful tulips! I even did not know that we had a National Tulip Day, certainly not in January, but it will be so. I have no tulips on my table but Cyclamen in teaglasses, in accordance with your idea, I never had them before in vases.

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

So bright and cheery to take away the Winter blues...
Susan

Madelief said...

Such a beautiful colour combination you made Ingrid! I already purchased my tulips today. Could not wait until tomorrow :-)

Have a good weekend!

Madelief x

The Gilded Bloom said...

Beautiful, Ingrid! Also, I just want to mention that I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Please accept only if you want to as I will not be offended if you don't have the time. Details on my blog...

Have a great weekend!

Lisa

Connie said...

Nothing says spring quite so lovely as tulips:)
Have a lovely weekend and thank you for sharing your beautiful bouquet with us.
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)

Annika Christensen said...

30 tulpaner vilken lyx!
men ack så fint.
Allt gott
Annika

Anonymous said...

Du överträffar dej hela tiden! I förra inslaget tyckte jag vitt var det vackraste, idag rosa. Så fint!

Aida said...

lovely just lovely. I missed tulips around this time. Your bouquet is beautiful!

Have a good weekend Ingrid

Karin M. said...

A wonderful bouquet tulips ...
such beautiful strong colors.
Greetings, Karin

Tante Mali said...

Dear Ingrid,
your wonderful flowers are always an eye candy to me! Thank you!!!
Have a happy time and all my best
Elisabeth

Lisa Gordon said...

Ingrid, these colors are absolutely gorgeous!!!

HWIT BLOGG said...

Färger man blir så glad av!
Underbara bilder som vanligt...
Kram,
Titti

Our photos said...

Wow, that is wonderful !

Villrose said...

Tulips today, of course! Irresistible :-)

Anonymous said...

lovely blog~!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Effectivement comment résister à un telle composition ? J'aurais même envie de la peindre tant elle est fantastique.
J'aime l'harmonie des couleurs qui nous laisse espérer que le printemps est à notre porte.
Bel article... Gros bisous

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

This post is a breath of spring with the gorgeous pinks. The watering can and tulips look awesome together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...